Part of something bigger than ourselves.
Corporate responsibility isn’t just a box we check but a living and breathing part of who we are and how we operate. We are committed to making our community a great place to work and live.
We’re making good on this promise, to help create a sustainable future for our customers in some specific ways:
- Annual Charitable Giving Campaign: Each year our employees set out to raise money for local nonprofits by holding various fundraisers while teaming up with us for in-house events that benefit select sponsored charities. Between our employees’ efforts and company match, we raised over $950,000 last year for non-profit organizations. Past sponsored charities include America’s VetDogs, Second Chances Garage, ThanksUSA and Heartly House.
- Community Awards: Employees who give back through fundraisers, charity events or by inspiring young people and fostering community spirit don’t go unnoticed. Spearheaded by Chairman Sir John Kingman, employees across all Legal & General businesses nominate one another for key achievements in volunteerism each year. Winners are celebrated during an annual luncheon and awards ceremony.
- NAILBA Charitable Foundation: As a charter member of the NAILBA Charitable Foundation, last year we sponsored a $5,000 raffle prize during NAILBA’s primary fundraising event and offered to match $50 donations up to $25,000 to encourage members to give. Through these efforts and more, we helped raise nearly $66,000 for the NAILBA Charitable Foundation in 2018.
President and CEO, America’s VetDogs
We value our people and our planet. Our team is committed to reducing our impact on the environment, and it shows. Our efforts have been recognized and rewarded with the EPA’s Energy Star Certification award for the past several years (2013-2018).
We are proud to share:
- We use 35% less energy than similar-sized companies.
- We generate 35% fewer greenhouse emissions than similar buildings across the nation.
- Our Frederick, MD headquarters is certified as a Silver LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) interiors building.
To learn more:
In 2019, our conservation efforts saved...260,190 gallons of water
14,125 gallons of oil
632 trees 111.51 cubic yards of landfill space
148,700 kilowatts of energy