We say, why not? Help your clients choose a leading term carrier who’s been protecting Americans for over 70 years.
Who we are
- Policies are underwritten and issued by Banner Life Insurance Company and William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York, but we go to market under one name, Legal & General America (LGA).
- LGA is ranked as number two our of US life insurers.1
- We ended 2020 with an excess of $782 billion of coverage in force with more than 1.5 million US customers.
- LGA has been part of the worldwide Legal & General Group since 1981, which is a top 10 global asset manager and the ninth largest insurer in the world.
- Our team includes over 600 dedicated employees from around the US, headquartered in central Maryland.
What we do
- Protect American families and businesses
- Offer affordable and competitive pricing
- Provide consistent and reliable service
How we underwrite
We evaluate all eligible Standard and better applicants, applying credits that may help boost their underwriting rate class by one. Our Substandard premium calculations are based on our Standard Plus rates, giving us a leg up on the competition.4
Best class consideration for:
- Tobacco users 3 years out from quitting
- Treated Hypercholesterolemia and/or Hypertension
- Treated or untreated total cholesterol under 300
- A family history of cancer5
Preferred consideration for:
- Asthma on two medications or less (well controlled)
- Anxiety/Depression on one medication (well controlled)
- Mild Sleep Apnea with good treatment/compliance
Standard Plus consideration for:
- Controlled Type II Diabetes
- Severe Sleep Apnea with good treatment/compliance
Built to last
Our super-competitive position and solid operating performance is backed by exceptional financial strength ratings from the world’s top ratings agencies:
A+ A.M. Best
AA- S&P and Fitch
94 COMDEX Score
We’re here when customers need us most.
3,340 families and businesses were the beneficiaries of our policies
Nearly $1 billion is the value of claims paid
99.9% of life insurance claims were paid
1 Top five term life ranking based on coverage in the brokerage channel; 2019 LIMRA U.S. Retail Individual Life Insurance Sales By Channel
2 Based on YE 2019 results
3 Based on 2018 non-banking assets, 2020 study, A.M. Best
4 With the exception of cancer cases requiring a flat extra without a table rating, all non-tobacco substandard premiums are based off of Standard Plus rates – not Standard.
5 Unless there are features of the family history that suggest a hereditary cancer
Financial strength ratings for Standard & Poor's as of YE 2018. Financial strength ratings for A.M. Best and Fitch Ratings as of YE 2019.